Guitar Private Classes
Palmas & Countertime
Guitar Group & Private Classes held at
244 W 54th St, Penthouse Floor (walk up from 12th Fl.) (betw B'way-8th Ave)
New York, NY 10019
Take elevator to 12th Fl. Guitar classes will be one flight up on Penthouse Floor. Look on the electronic displays for the exact Penthouse Studio room number.
Etiquette: Bring your own guitar. Be on time, studio rentals will not go over the prepaid time. No warming up in any public area of Shetler Studios or building hallways.
Guitar Class info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-771-2440
SUMMER 2017, July 11-Aug 22, 2017
PLEASE READ BOTH RATES/SCHEDULE AND TERMS CAREFULLY
I am trying something different for the Summer 2017.
Flamenco Guitar and Cante Overview Course
Tues 7:00-8:30 pm (7/25-8/22/17 5 extended classes) - requires minimum 3 people enrolled
- Open to all level guitarists with some exposure to flamenco
- Dancers and Beginner Singers encouraged to participate to understand the flamenco music
- The classes will present recorded examples of different toques and their related cantes, including different styles based on dance, or cante-only presentation, as well as traditional or modern styles
- Simple guitar examples, technique exercises, palmas rudiments, hand-outs
- Tangos, Rumba, Tientos/Farruca/Tarantos (7/25)
- Sevillanas, Fandangos de Huelva, Fandango based cantes libres (8/1)
- 12-beat: Solea, Alegrias, Solea por bulerias (8/8)
- Bulerias (8/15)
- Seguiriyas, Guajiras, Peteneras (8/22)
Advanced Flamenco Guitar
Tues 7:30-9:00 pm (7/11/17 & 7/18/17, 2 classes only for present Tues. Adv Students)
- Students must already have flamenco material which they are trying to understand how to use for accompaniment.
- Arrangements accompanying cante, ongoing repertoire.
- Class will not spend much time showing new material or breaking down techniques.
- Learn how to use existing rasqueados, falsetas and llamadas in your repertoire for accompaniment of cante or dance arrangements.
- Basic rasqueado patterns in all palos, ongoing repertoire.
- Technique exercises.
Advanced Extended Class 5-pack, $175, no refunds or credit for missed classes
Walk-ins for 90 min. class, $40
All payments by PayPal or cc over the phone must be prepaid. If paying by cash, bring exact change.
Please read all the group class info and the Schedule and Terms pdf downloads before making PayPal payments.
When paying by PayPal, you will NOT receive a printable class card after making payment, only a receipt. Notice of your payment will go directly to Flamenco Latino, and confirmation with details about the class you signed up for will be emailed back to you.
Please be careful to input your email WITHOUT TYPOS when you do the transaction with PayPal, or it will create problems for the confirmation of funds and delivery of services in our PayPal account.
Flamenco Latino Info
email@example.com or 347-771-2440